How to Enjoy Tulum
The best of all the overpriced nonsense in Tulum...
Safari Campfire food
- Carr. Tulum-Boca Paila km8, Tulum Beach, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
We had a good, low key dinner here that still cost $65. Like most places along the beach road in Tulum, an enormous generator ruined the calm.
Dos Ojos Cenote
- Cenote Jaguar Rd, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
A short drive from Tulum and thoroughly awesome.
- Quintana Roo, Mexico
Another rec not actually in Tulum, but close to it. Laidback beach for swimming, with an equally laidback beach cafe.
- KM 5, Carr. Tulum-Boca Paila, Tulum Beach, Zona Hotelera, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
One of the oldest hotels along the beach in Tulum and refreshingly free of yoga and “wellness”—we had a great morning coffee here.
The Real Coconut
- Tulum Beach, Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico
I had a coconut yogurt breakfast dish here (pictured) that was good but not as good as all the influencers claim. Nice open air space.
Coco Tulum Hotel
- Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila Km 7, Tulum Beach, Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
If you have to stay in Tulum, this hotel is a lesser of the evils in terms of price gouging. (You will still be price gouged). Fun whitewashed design scheme and an Instagram friendly beach bar.
- KM 8, Diagonal Tulum, Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
This list was created using Passant
Passant lets you create lists of all your favorite places around the world and share them in a beautiful way. Simple, sleek, and endlessly useful.Download iOS app